RMRR Board Meeting
Monday 27Oct BRC
Posts on page – go to key people who need to like those posts.
We need a group of people who are in charge of doing that.
Dave C send all ad info to Lisa – Colorado Runner, Competitor, etc. Dates, examples, ad template for CR
Lisa W, Michael, Janet, Hilarie, David, Deb, Dave C, Stephanie
Leslie reports: I got the financials caught up before I left. Everything is in good shape. I do not have the exact numbers, but it appeared that MTS revenue was up.
Trophy Race – October – Cherry Creek Trail – Parker
-Results – Trophy Race
-Comments about the race
Talked about Kerry being hit by biker
Need to place cones in the middle of the path to block
Had very low turnout for 10M – only 40 runners
Trophy Series Race – Nov 2, 2013
Prairie Gateway Park – Just outside of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Visitors entrance ( just north of Dicks Sporting Goods Park)
– Volunteers – have enough
– Race course – same as last year
– Food needed
– Other race issues
don’t forget the time change
Volunteer of the Month – October
Harleigh Sanchez – lots of volunteering and happy spirit!
Marketing – Dave C
neat to have someone up the course texting names so announcers can announce them coming
– Dave to drive website theme/homepage update with Stacy and Daniel
– Lisa to drive social media/Facebook page work – getting people to post and like pages. Will also manage ads, other mktg work.
– Lisa suggests create albums for photos, everyone post their photos as they wish
– Important to get members to like pages and posts. It’s not enough to like the RMRR page – they need to view and like posts to boost our scores and get more RMRR items appearing on peoples’ timelines.
– Facebook group is closed.
>> add David R photos for waterstop
Last one will be Oct 29 – Will start back up in the Spring. Dinner afterwards at Park Burger – everyone can come.
Wed night long runs at River Point shopping Center (Hampden and Santa Fe) 6pm – begin in November.
Year End gifts for Volunteers and Race Directors
>> Volunteers: Dave working with Amanda at BRC – waiting for response
>> RDs: Bags – no news yet.
>> Pilsner Glasses for awards: Deb
2015 Race Schedule
change to City Park race – April 12
Ric R – concern about July 31 race – he would miss it. Can we switch? If we do the first Friday in August, it’s the night before Georgetown. But…Ric has been running for 30 years and we should help out. David will work on this.
Ideas for goals for next year
– new people usually sign up via active, while renewers are doing it via check
– need to push the “I am a Runner” idea
– better presence in Stores
– water bottle or socks to people who do
– something for people who join the club
Why so many people the year of the 50th Anniversary?
– lots of energy, lots of work from Deb and others
New members and building connection
idea of increase dues $10, give people an RMRR shirt. No one assigned to work on it yet – will discuss at next meeting.
December Board meeting
at Cunninghams on Dec 1. It will be our open meeting for the year, so we will invite all members, have a pot luck, beer provided. Two key things – board election and discuss next year plan.