In Attendance: Jeff O, Deb & Dave C, David R, Hilarie R, Janet F, Mike Q, Ken S, Bob B, Leslie M, Eric G, Lisa C.
Membership dues are up for the year. RCCA membership needs to be paid for next year. The club will finish the year in the black instad of in the red.
Trophy Series Race – Westminster City Park
Jeff and Ric R directors – well done. Good turnout for both the 9 mile and the 5 K race. Had a new course record set.
Problem with Westminster
Soccer folks were frustrated – access to shed was difficult, people were not nice about it. Janet – city rep says we can’t use the facility now. We can’t charge at the site, can’t have food, etc. Too much conflict with soccer.
–> Angie Williams – Janet to get her phone number, get it to Deb via email. Not sure if follow-up is going to help, but….
December TS Race – Dec 2, 2012 – Wash Park 4.5 M
Lisa Champeau directing.
- Volunteers: numbers are low
- Race course is fine: the club can use the diagonal to set up the race. There is no 5k.
- Food: we are good on this one.
- Other race issues, a number of kids are coming to the race.
- –> Dave C make sure Adam L knows the race is 4.5M for scoring! (done)
- –> Dave C see if Ed Riegert can supply raffle gifts for race (done)
Volunteer of the Month – November
Stephanie Struble for all her work arranging volunteer assignments!
–> Everyone make sure volunteer hours are in to Lisa C
Marketing – Dave C
- Forced to reschedule social media mtg. Working with Christa Bell, Rob Sanchez, Carole Orsini, Jared Conlin.
- Working with Jared on website designs
- Discussed need for running store liaisons. List and volunteers:
- Runners Roost Denver – Dave and Deb
- Runners Roost Lakewood – David
- Runners Roost Aurora – Eric
- No volunteers yet for BRC Littleton, BRC DTC, or Road Runner Sports in Westminster
- –> Dave write up what we’d like each person to do, send out.
- Dave has ad schedule from Colo Runner and will develop ads for each quarter. First one due Dec 7
- Would be nice if we also had plan to get presence in other places like Active, RunColo, Running Guru, Cool Running, RRCA, Racing Underground, etc. Dave will be considering this as part of 2013 plan.
- –> Hilarie R says she will update the membership flyer and get copies made.
Discussion of Board Action List
- Number of tasks in club where we don’t have people to do them.
- Need someone to manage the list, identify owners, make sure things are happening. Normally president…but David has hands full managing Race Committee.
- Idea: consider a paid manager? Someone to work 20 or so hours/mo for $20/hr? How would we find the right person? General acceptance of idea, need small group to get together to define.
- –> Dave C, Leslie, Deb, ?? get together to define what this would require.
- –> Dave C update action list and build a summary that we can share with club – see who might want to fill gaps.
Track and Group Runs
- Track is over for the year, will start again in April.
- Wed night long runs at River Point Shopping Center at Hampden and Santa Fe. Runs start at 6pm; usually only a few people, but David will keep it up.
- Possible group runs on Sat 7am – at Goodson or Cherry Creek Res. Depends of weather for location. Bonnie is doing this sometimes, but not well publicized.
- –> Dave check with Bonnie on plan, put on Facebook.
Year End gifts for Volunteers and Race Directors
- Jackets or vests for the volunteers. Picture frames for the TS winners.
- sweats were NOT flattering – not a good idea
- vests? windbreaker vests? jackets?
- –> Deb will ask Brand Evolution guys about options they may have.
- –> David to request Scott talk to Ouray about Jacket and Vest options
The Awards Banquet will be on Sunday January 27th at Fox Hollow club house.
–>Dave C put on website.
Next Board Meeting
Monday Jan 7, at 7pm
Note that this is AFTER the January TS Race.