What the Board Does
The RMRR Board of Directors handles planning and managing club operations. The board consists of a five member Executive Committee of consisting of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Marketing Director and Secretary. There are 10 additional board members: Volunteer Coordinator, Sponsor Liaison, Webmaster, Quartermaster, Scoring, and at-large activities. Finally, there are several volunteers in critical functional roles who regularly attend meetings.
Where we meet
Board meetings are held on the Monday before each Trophy Series race at Boulder Running Company’s Cherry Creek store in Denver OR at a member’s home. The meeting usually begins at 630p.
2015 Board Members
- President: David Rothenburger. David is responsible for the overall operation of the club.
- Vice President: Dave Cunningham. Dave is responsible for executing key club activities and strategies for the year.
- Treasurer: Leslie Mitchell. Leslie is responsible for RMRR finances.
We’re looking for an assistant to learn the ropes and be able to fill in for Leslie when she’s on one of her many fun trips. Let Dave C know if you’re interested!
- Secretary: Anne Gross. Anne takes the minutes at our board meetings and makes sure people are doing what they said they would!
Anne is leaving us in the summer to pursue a clinical doctorate at Duke this fall. We’re looking
- Marketing: Lisa Wilson. Lisa designs the club marketing strategy for the year and leads marketing activities.
- Scoring: Scott Newman (board lead) with Dave Cunningham and Kristin Mott. This team has smoothed out the scoring process and made it easier for us to track our runners.
- Race Committee: David Rothenburger (board lead) with Deb Cunningham.
David develops the race schedule for the year, designs new courses, and helps us deal with all race-related issues. They also determine where we race, developing new courses and updates to existing courses.
- Volunteer Co-Coordinators: Stephanie Struble and Ken Shimada. Stephanie and Ken line up volunteers for all of our club events.
- Sponsor Liaison: Jimmy Funkhouser (board lead) with Maureen Harvey. Jimmy builds a list of sponsor liaisons who report sponsor updates, gather raffle prizes, and make sure RMRR forms are in stock in local running stores. Jimmy also initiates relationships with new sponsors.
- Quartermaster: Michael LePage. The quartermaster keeps our equipment in great shape by fixing what breaks.
- Membership Database and Card Coordinator: Hilarie Ryals. Hilarie manages membership activities, including printing membership cards, sending renewal letters and streamlining the membership and email functions of the club.
We’re looking for an assistant here to help Hilarie – let Dave C know if you’re interested!
- Website Manager: Dave Cunningham. Dave is responsible for overall site content and structure (what pages show up where). Volunteer Jared Conlin is the reason the site looks so good – he’s helped implement the new theme and add new capabilities.
- At Large Members – Deb Cunningham, Maria LePage, Janet Fairs: These are board members without specific responsibilities. They participate in board meetings and get involved in key club projects.
- Permits: Janet Fairs (board) and Bonnie Keefe. Bonnie is a veteran at securing permits for our events and assisting with course mapping. Janet secures permits for many of our trophy series and MTS venues.
Non-Board Key Volunteer Roles
- Track Workouts: David Rothenburger David puts together the track workouts and leads the group at our Wednesday track sessions.
- Special Events: Stephanie Struble, Dave Cunningham. These people organize special events like the annual banquet and the Denver Marathon water station.
- eBlasts: Mark Risley. Mark sends email about club events to members of the RMRR email group.
- Volunteer Database: Lisa Champeau. Lisa logs volunteer hours into the volunteer database.
Become a Board Member
We are always looking for members interested in participating on the board–we need you! For more information or to join the RMRR board, please email Dave Cunningham or call Dave at three oh three 550 5848.