December Board and General meeting 11/29/10
Absent: Holly Whelan, Ray Sibley, Stephanie Struble
In attendance: Jeff Olson, Dave Cook, Scott Kukel., David Rothenburger, Leslie Mitchell, Eric Greene, Deb Cunningham, Kevin Downing, Ken Shimada, Lisa Champeau, Hilarie Ryals, Adam Lee & Bob Bassie.
Guest: John Perez.
RMRR Dec 2010 Minutes:
- This is Deb C’s last board meeting as President.
- The board members have been confirmed for 2011. Doug Smith, Heather Ready, & Aurora do not want to be on the board in 2011.
- Combined calendar w/ Masters . Needs a revision – David R will follow-up.
- Sandra Clemons – photographer – Leslie said that she will see Sandra on Wednesday to confirm if Sandra will be there on Sunday.
- Vol & RD awards
- RD Award: Doug ordered Asics shirts. Volunteer awards? Deb will follow-up with Doug/Bonnies to see if the jackets have been ordered.
- Volunteer of the year Award: Names of potential award nominees were identified. Deb to coordinate vote
- Award for the 2010 TS winners: Hillary & Deb will look for some award to get for the TS winners.
- Volunteer & Awards Banquet, Sunday January 23rd at 6:00 P.M at the Fox Hollow gulf club house.
2011 Club Goal:
- Hood to Coast movie. Club will promote event minimally in our January eblast and on the website or face book page.
- Find a Track to use somewhere in Denver. Deb to follow-up w/ DPS contact in January. South HS would be ideal location.
- 5K races for TS races that are 5 miles or longer. Starting in January since the January race is a 10K. Will use bibs for the 5K race. Cost will be same as TS. Free for members, $10.00 for non-members. Awards for fast Male & Female in the 5K TS Races. No season points total. 5K results don’t count towards full year TS standings.
- Father’s day one mile race, on a Friday Night in June. The race committee will find a place to have this race. Work w/ Ray on logistics.
Logistics (30 mins)
Dec Race: (Lisa Chapeau)
- Ben White/Brown Elementary School – kids will be running again, but will only run 1 lap, 2.3 miles. Cost is $2.00 per kid capped at $30 for the group. The kids will wear bibs.
- Vols, may be a few short, but might be able to get by with who is signed up to Volunteer.
- Need to buy more pins for the TS race tags! & with the additional races in 2011. Hilarie will purchase some pins.
Race Committee: (Bob Bessie, David Rothenburger, Dave Cook, & Mike Quispe)
- 2011 TS schedule: The September TS race will be Saturday September 10th.
- 2011 MTS schedule, August 14, & August 28th. Dave R will e-mail any changes to the MTS schedule to Deb C.
- Training: Wednesday night training run at Riverfront at San Fe & Hampton. Meet at 5:45, start running at 6:00 P.M.
Membership: – Eric Green
- Membership is down – 349 families Apr 2010 vs 320 families now. 500 members Apr 2010 vs 462 in October.
- Board agreed that we will not make phone calls to members. Will suspend calling members.
- Next board meeting will be January 3rd at the Whole Foods on Colorado Blvd.
2011 Board Confirmed
- David Rothenburger – Prez
- Deb Cunningham – VP
- Kevin Downing – Marketing + running store liaison
- Jeff Olson – secretary
- Dave Cook – quartermaster
- Janet Fairs – permits
- Dave Cunningham – no to marketing. Yes to scoring & web upkeep
- Scott Kukel – committee
- Lisa Champeau – vols hours
- Bonnie – permits
- Leslie – Treasurer
- Mike Quispe – Race Committee
- Eric Greene – Membership
- Ken Shimada – Assist Stephanie & Lisa as volunteer coordinator
- Hilarie Ryals – Marketing
- Adam Lee – scoring, club records
- Unconfirmed: Ric R, Karen V, Stephanie, Holly