2008 RMRR – May Board Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Deb Cunningham, Mike Robbert, Michelle Evans, Doug Smith, Felix Lopez, Bonnie Keefe, Kevin Downing, Karen Szymanski, Stephanie Struble, David Rothenburger, Mike Quispie (1.5 hrs)
Marketing (1 hr)
- 50th anniversary logo presentation. Art Institute of Denver (Lane Marshall and Melinda McCaw) Felix liked #2, Doug #2, Bonnie #3 with with #4 runner, Mike #2 – #3 the best, Michelle #3, Karen #1, Stephanie #3 for anniversary and #4 for logo, Kevin #4, Deb #4, Mike Q. #4, David #44
- Show artwork at May race – attendees can select their favorite on raffle tag. Display designs 1-4.
- Bowflags – These have arrived. Look great! 3 flags in to be used at races and other events.
- Running Divas night @ BRC. Thursday May 1. Stephanie plans to attend w/ Bob Basse.
- Participation in Nuggets night? 31 tix sold at start of wk. Actual attendance. Think Ray Sibley attended.
- 250 Race schedule flyers and Application distribution – need to check road runner sports
- Derek Griffiths – 500 Greenland apps printed & delivered to Derek
- Website redesign status – work to redesign front page. Deb follow-up w/ Dave.
- Yahoo RMRR email list – Kevin/Doug
- Add new as they join club or renew – add something in letter to opt out on the eblast if desired. Doug/Laurie add note to letter. Kevin add names to list.
- Post card. Yes, we still want to do this.
- · Water bottles/pint glass (2.00 with ship) or sling bag, towels…
- Order now or wait for 50th anniversary logo? Karen to look into sling bags..order now to get us through end of the year (#50)yellow with our logo in black. We agreed she’d order 50 of them of they’re ~$3 ea. Karen will email board after talking to her vendor.
- Postings on Active. Incomplete info – no start times, etc. Kevin has made adjustments to listing. David Rothenberger will proofread. MTS will start at 7am, prices will remain the same. Doug update MTS listing.
- Articles for eNewsletter. Lots of ideas. Kevin’s hesitated to ask because website isn’t updated. Newsletter ideas: Karen – Kids running America. Boston – Bonnie, Track – Mike.
Community (45 mins)
- Laurie Phenix emailing renewing members. Database availability – Doug
- Fill in your web profile. 8 you have filled this out as of 4/24
- Track workouts @ Heritage HS. Scott/Mike Q. 12 people attended last week. It’s still early in the season.
- RMRR teams at various races: Colfax, Bolder Boulder, Denver Marathon – Bob Basse. Need rules about #, $ reimbursed, running in RMRR gear, etc. Bob/Jim/Felix/Heather – No update from Bob Basse. Mike and David to work on putting together a men’s team.
- Bolder Boulder volunteers and comp entries – send eblast to members for those interested. Stephanie follow-up on clock tuneup and comp entries.
- Identify new members in e-newsletter. Doug/Kevin meet to show Kevin how to pull names.
Logistics (15 mins)
- Technical solution for adding new members, race day registrants. Felix needs more training from Brad.
- New scoring system IPICO from RRCA partnership (Brad/Felix/Doug) not pursuing now.
- Anyone need a key to office? Karen Voss. Deb bring to race.
- May TS – Michelle to send eblast regarding race and 8am start time
- Vols – eblast for more
- Free Range Coffee (yes, they’ll be there per email)
- Attune bars
- Other race: Linda Olson Operation Restoration 9/13 5k in Arvada. Day before 20 Mile MTS.
- Vol of the month – Nick Sterner for bringing new members from AIR. .
- Prospective Budget – We think Bowflags are in the number. Deb ck w/ Leslie and ask about prospective budget.
- Authorized van drivers – RDs email Leslie name, DrivLicense#, DOB to get on list. Need info for Lisa Champeau and Ray Sibley.
- System for renewing comped memberships in database – Doug can handle this.
- Succession Planning – who else on board – your replacement?
- Eric Greene after June Tri
- Lis Shepard?
Other – Karen Voss is doing Kids Running America. Starts in August. Kids run 25 miles cumulative prior to Denver Marathon & run their last mile on race day.